Date Closed: Until filled
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Broadcast Engineer is responsible for daily maintenance and alignment of broadcast equipment, and support for on-air television production.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain Grass Valley Stratus News Room System
2. Support news room staff, equipment and operations
3. Performs daily maintenance and repair of studio technical facilities.
4. Assists in training broadcast operators and editors.
5. Answers emergency maintenance and operation calls.
6. Assists with the maintenance of building facilities and telephone system.
7. Assist the Information Technology director with computer problems.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong proficiency with computers, including maintenance skills, knowledge of operating systems, knowledge of networking, and ability to work with specific machine related software.
Broad-based knowledge of television engineering and operations is essential.
Understanding of basic electronic theory required.
Experience with Grass Valley editing systems and Flip Factory.
Good communication skills and the ability to train others.
Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of three years experience in computer and studio maintenance is required.
Certification by Society of Broadcast Engineers is recommended.
Two year college-level electronic, technical or computer training needed.
Schedule may vary. Normal hours are 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Submit resume to: LA 18 KSCI-TV
1990 S. Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax 310 479-8118 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER