Date Open: 1/13/2014
Date Closed: Until filled
GENERAL SUMMARY: The News Reporter is responsible for translating and writing news stories; scheduling and conducting field interviews; editing, voicing-over and producing reports for air.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under the direction of the News Director/Executive Producer, selects news stories from English wire copies to translate, write, edit and record voiceover. Submits them according to company standards and deadlines.
2. Produces spot-news or feature reports from field shoots and/or news feeds. Includes scheduling and conducting interview, editing and voicing the final report.
3. Researches topics and interviewees. Prepares a list of questions and points of discussion for guest interviews.
4. Submits final stories/reports to News Director/Executive Producer for review and possible revision by deadline.
5. Performs miscellaneous duties as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Native Mandarin and fluent in English required, as well as accurate and speedy translation skills.
2. Ability to accurately and quickly type in Chinese.
3. Ability to edit using non-linear editing systems.
4. Ability to present a professional on-air appearance, including good articulation and correct pronunciation.
5. Knowledge of local Chinese community and issues preferred.
6. Ability to represent the station and attend various community events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.A. Degree or higher in related field is required. A minimum of two years experience in writing/translating/reporting/broadcast news in Mandarin necessary.
Work schedule varies. Normal hours are 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM Monday-Friday, occasionally weekends. Position is full time and includes company benefits.
Submit resume to: LA 18 KSCI-TV
1990 S. Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Fax 310 479-8118 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER