MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR
Date Open: 08/08/13 Date Closed: Until filled
The Master Control Operator is responsible for the accurate airing of elements presented by the broadcast schedule, the log. Information regarding satellite feeds and transmitter readings must be interpreted and acted upon. Reports to the Master Control Supervisor. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Switching live, on-air programs
2. Monitor and insure quality of all programs transmitted by the station.
3. Programming the automation computer
4. Operating the transmitter within legal limits set by the FCC
5. Maintaining traffic log and noting factual account of discrepancies
6. Maintaining air quality of programs/spots by adjusting machine levels
7. Performing quality control analyses prior to airing tapes
8. Recording satellite programming for delayed transmission
9. Gathering missing information or tapes when needed
10. Interacting with clients as needed
11. Downloading programs from internet.
12. Programming Character Generator
Two years computerized Master Control Operator experience in a television station is required. Harris/Louth system experience preferred. Must have aptitude and some training in technical broadcast operations, and be able to act effectively under deadline pressure. Must be able to see and hear well enough to monitor and correct on-air audio and video levels.
Eight-hour shifts as needed. Work schedule may vary. Overtime may be required. Must be able to be on call as needed.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to: LA 18 KSCI-TV (Human Resources Department)
Fax 310 479-8118 E-mail to jobs@LA18.tv
KSCI TV LA 18 | 1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 850 | Los Angeles | CA. | 90025
Tel: 310 478-1818
Fax: 310 479-8118
Equal Opportunity Employer