SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Date Open: 10/24/2013 Date Closed: Until Filled
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for working with the sales team in developing and servicing new and current local and/or national business accounts in order to meet station sales goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute plans for new business development.
- Manage accounts by direct and frequent contact.
- Make presentations to local retailers and national advertising agencies/advertisers.
- Develop and execute promotional programs to increase sales.
- Solicit spot advertising from local retail/national advertisers and agencies.
- File reports and perform miscellaneous sales-related duties as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Broad-based knowledge of media sales, as well as television operations, is required.
- Proven track record of success in acquiring new business and selling in difficult situations (concept sell).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use research information to develop sales presentations.
- Ability to adhere to budgets and meet station sales goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer programs.
- Ability to present a professional image, closing sale, and work as a team member.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of sales/marketing experience with a major market television (or radio) station and/or television (or radio) rep firm and / or newspaper sales.
- Experience in selling to major local advertisers and leading companies.
- Experience with Los Angeles ethnic market preferred.
- Wide Orbit computer experience a plus.
Submit resume to: LA 18 /KSCI -TV
1990 S. Bundy Drive, Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90025
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER